Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Cody!!





It's hard to believe that our little Cody joined the family one year ago yesterday. It seems like only yesterday that Rachael woke me up at about 3 am and told me that her water broke (I honestly didn't believe her because we had been out dancing literally 2 or 3 hours before that to celebrate her dad's 50th birthday) and about 4 hours later, Cody was here. Since then he has grown into a happy, healthy little boy that has brought a lot of joy into our lives.

To celebrate his birthday, we went to the Grand Canyon! It is only about 4 hours from Las Vegas and Rachael had never been before so we decided to make a quick trip, leaving on Monday and returning yesterday. We all had fun playing in the snow (who knew the Grand Canyon was at like 6,500 feet!!) and admiring the beautiful scenery that surrounded us. We eventually made it home yesterday evening and had cake and ice cream, which Cody enjoyed.

5 comments:

Marylin said...

So glad you guys had a fun trip!! Happy Birthday to your little man, such a cute boy! I can't believe how fast it has gone by!!! Oh and you soo need a facebook! Dinner was fun the other night!!! :)

Kellie said...

hey found your blog off of kelseys. email me
kmarzetta@gmail.com and i'll invite you to ours. tony said the only way i could do one is be private. sometimes i listen to what he says :-)

Rachel B. said...

Yeah! I didn't know you guys actually had a blog. I love your family picture on top! Yeah for blogging and facebook and the ability it gives us to all stalk each other a little more easily. :) Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Highland Hussy said...

Hi Tyler! It's Laurie Raab (Hunsaker now)...found you from Sumo. Cute boys! my blog is
prettyprincess080.blogspot.com and you can see my kiddos! looks like the Grand Canyon was fun!
email me!
prettyprincess080@hotmail.com

Dan and Dee said...

Nice family pictures! Brooks (Lewis'son) also got a sword but it was more of a gladiator get up. He loved playing with it during the holidays. Fun to read up on your family and I was so jealous to read about going to the Nutcracker Market and Nativity! (guess that should be on my "list of things I miss") Tell your mom hello.