- Ventured to the local Wal Mart to pick up breakfast/juice/snacks. Ate yummy tacos in their food court. They were like $1.25 for 3 tacos al pastor.
- Enjoyed the beach, sun, sand and good drinks at our hotel
- Visited Tulum and Chichen Itza - ancient Mayan Ruins
- Connor held a giant iguana
- Tried to keep Heather away from the locals selling Mayan masks
- Took a boat to Isla Mujeres where we rode golf carts around the island
- Went to church - yes it was all in Spanish. Good thing we had 3 Spanish speakers in our family that translated the meeting
- Tyler and my brother Spencer body-surfed a ton (at night the waves were huge)
- Jumped and swam into Ik Kil - a Cenote (underwater cavern) This was my favorite part of the trip.
Monday, June 22, 2009
After only a 2 hour flight from Houston, we land in Cancun - humidity and all. We decided to take our boys and Tyler's Mom Heather came with us too. We stayed in a beautiful Marriott property right on the beach with an oceanview. Is the water really that turquoise? It was amazing!! Here is what we did: