Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Missing in Action

So I realized that we've done ONE blog this month and August is almost over. Yeah...we have no excuses. So having admitted it, I figured I'd just do a review of the month and promise to try and do better in the future.

August has been pretty busy for our family. If you hadn't heard, I decided to go back to school and get my MBA (I was accepted toRice University). Well, I started the first week of the month and have been going to class two nights a week ever since, which makes for some VERY long days (usually out the door by 5:30 am and in by 11:00 pm or later). I think it is safe to say that Rachael isn't a huge fan of my schedule, as she is with the kids all day on Mondays and Wednesdays. Luckily though, I married a trooper and she has been very supportive of my decision, despite the fact that we don't really see each other that much anymore.

In addition to school, work, and the normal family business, we were also in charge of the ward activity a week ago. So while I was at work and school, Rachael was busy making phone calls, shopping, and basically planning the whole activity. We decided, along with our committee, to do a game night, and it actually turned out really well. We had 6 different tables where people could play a variety of games, as well as a chalk board for pictionary and a charades station. For the young kids, we had a movie room, and of course we had a nursery for the REALLY little kids. It was a good time, although I spent the entire activity in the nursery. I think that was Rachael's way of punishing me for being gone so much!!! It actually wasn't that bad...but nobody let the bishopric know that or I might end up there permanently. :)

3 comments:

Marylin said...

Holy crud you're back! Sounds like you guys have had a very busy month or more! Love the video! Oh and hopefully school will go by quickly, especially for Rachael!! :)

Summer, Matt and Beck said...

Beck loves the video of Connor- and so do the rest of us of course. However, the last few days if Beck is grumpy I play him the video and he laughs and laughs.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

It's fun to catch up on how you guys are doing. The boys are growing up so fast! Good luck on everything you have going on. It sounds like you're carrying quite the heavy load.