Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ice Cream Mania


A few weeks back, we ventured out to Brennam, Texas to visit the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory with some friends of ours. We had gotten wind of a crazy rumor that Blue Bell, which is the best ice cream you have ever had, was giving ice cream away on account that many of the stores affected by Hurricane Ike were unable to accept any cold produce and Blue Bell was running out of storage space. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. The tour was interesting, but the fun started when we got to the end of the tour and the guide annouced that we were free to try as much ice cream as we wanted, free of charge. So we ate...and ate...and ate. I think I personally had 3 or 4 bowls (small bowls) and I know that I saw some people in our group eat more than I did. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of really good ice cream.

3 comments:

Woodards said...

that might warrant a trip down there!!!

Julia said...

we love going to blue bell and probably go at least twice a year. we'll have to go together next time!

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

No way! I'm jealous! You're right, Blue Bell is the best ice cream in the country! :)